There are 500,000± orphans living in Russia. Of those, nearly 15,000 kids between the ages of 16-18 will graduate or age out of the orphanage system yearly. According to statistics, within one to five years:
- 3,000 engage in criminal activities and end up in prison.
- 5,000 are unemployed.
- 6,000 are homeless.
- 1,500 commit suicide.
- 50-60% of girls are forced into prostitution.
- 30-40% are addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- 4% attend a university.
- Less than 10% become functional members of society.
- Average life span of an orphan – 25-30 years.
Imagine facing such a hopeless future!